Educators and Other Youth-Serving Adults
Being an educator can be a challenge, particularly when faced with the mental health needs of students. Fortunately, there are resources, programs and campaigns available to help support schools, teachers, and students.
Want to learn more aboutmental health?
Encourage Hope and Help has your back! Check out the links below to learn more about various mental health topics.
Insights For Educators
Learn how stress and trauma affect the brain, and how the resulting effect can impact learning in this 5-video series by Dr. Bruce D. Perry, MD, PhD and PBS Learning Media.
Programs & Campaigns
- Youth.gov – for resources to help create, maintain, and strengthen effective youth programs.
- SchoolSafety.gov – for resources to help schools prevent, protect, mitigate, respond to, and recover from a range of school safety threats, hazards, and emergency situations.
- StopBullying.gov – provides information from various government agencies on what bullying is, what cyberbullying is, who is at risk, and how you can prevent and respond to bullying.
Developed by the MHTTC Network Coordinating Office and National Center for School Mental Health (NCSMH) to help states, districts, and schools advance comprehensive school mental health, as well as engage in a planning process around implementation of services.
Modules align with the national performance domains and indicators established as part of the National Quality Initiative on School Health, and includes tools and resources to support learning extensions for adaptation for different regions, states, and districts.
- Educators and Student Instructional Support Personnel
- Collaboration and Teaming
- Multi-Tiered System of Supports
- Evidence-Informed Services and Supports
- Cultural Responsiveness and Equity
- Data-Driven Decision Making
- Trainer and participant manuals
- 8 module slide decks designed for delivery in one-hour sessions
- Recorded virtual learning sessions
For more information, click here! Fill out this form to request this resource. Check out the National School Mental Health Best Practices Index: A Supplementary Guide.
- School and District Profiles
- Quality Assessment and Resources
- State/Territory and District Dashboard
- Screening and Assessment Library
- Trauma Responsive Schools Assessment
Click here to learn more!