What Is How Full Is Your Cup?
Example of How Full Is Your Cup? tumbler cups.
Lawson CIA members have been concerned about their student body when it comes to dealing with life’s pressures, demands and traumas. To help their peers not engage in risky behaviors, withdraw, substance use, violence and other unhealthy ways to deal with stress, they developed the “How Full is Your Cup?” campaign.
Why This Campaign?
Lawson CIA members wanted their peers to know that:
- There is a reason they are struggling – and not because they are “weak” or that something is wrong with them-but because they are carrying more than their minds/bodies are designed to handle.
- Stress/loss is a normal part of life that affects everyone in one way or another, and
- They are encouraged and supported to talk about and seek help for those stressors so they are able to take better care of themselves.
- I have a cup and it fills up.
- My cup fills up differently than anyone else’s.
- I can learn to empty my cup.
Photo illustration by Sepi Tajima at https://sepitajima.com/how-to-understand-and-prevent-emotional-and-mental-overload/.
Check out the trailer below!
Example of HFIYC Campaign Week
Here’s an example of what your campaign week could look like!
Students will be asked to fill out white pieces of paper that ask them to write down healthy ways to empty their cups. As the day goes on, the white pieces of paper inside the wall display of the cup cover the colored pieces of paper (that had each student’s stressor) showing “white space” as the cup empties.